Business immigration law is notoriously complex. Because it’s so complicated, most companies that need foreign workers will need the help of an immigration attorney. An immigrant investor can also petition for business immigration, but you should first contact an immigration attorney to learn more about the process.

For business owners, understanding the ins and outs of immigration law is crucial. This book demystifies the process of hiring foreign nationals and guides you through the complexities of employment and visa law. It covers everything from non-immigrant work authorization to intra-company transfers to treaty traders and investors. Appendices and guidelines cover tax and employment-related issues. The book includes a list of frequently asked questions.

Temporary work visas are often required by global companies that want their international employees to attend meetings, conferences, and training. However, these visas are only available for individual use and cannot be used for multiple people at the same time. Intracompany transfers may require employees to obtain a B-1 visa, a type of temporary work permit. A B-1 visa is a temporary work visa that allows you to conduct training, consulting, and negotiation in the U.S.

Whether your company is seeking a visa to conduct business in the United States, or are looking for a temporary resident permit, it’s important to hire an immigration attorney with experience in the field of business immigration. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the complex process and make the process as smooth as possible. With a specialized focus, a business immigration attorney can help your business thrive. So, if you’re thinking about hiring a lawyer for a short-term visa, consider joining the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

Before you hire a foreign worker, be sure to check the requirements for your specific type of visa. For example, you must be sponsored by a U.S. employer, and you must prove that the person is not going to negatively impact U.S. workers. Alternatively, you can get a temporary nonimmigrant work visa. A New York business immigration attorney will be able to tell you which type of visa is appropriate for your needs.